Friday, February 02, 2007

House and stuff

The series, House, is weird.

On the one hand, Hugh Laurie is an astounding actor. There isn't much argument against that, it's one of those universal truths.

On the other hand, it would be possible to have a spin-off series on Bravo about the families who get screwed over by his completely cavalier practice of medicine (call it "Top House" I guess), and another series on CourtTV that would follow the malpractice suits.

Can you imagine, if your toddler's arm was cut off thanks to an allergic reaction to ultraviolet light and that little diagnosis wasn't made before the bone saw started turning... the number of diagnoses that have been arrived upon through painful trial and error is simply amazing. I'd sue the guy just to be part of the masses.

I hate television. There is absolutely nothing on television worth watching. I've already dismissed Heroes and Studio 60 and 30 Rock and The Office and My Name is Earl and of course LOST was lost last season. It seems like TV is a huge magnet with spikes on it. It draws you in, but painfully so. I am disappointed.

I was actually trying to come up with some way to be able to watch tv more flexibly (via Sony's LocationFree TV, among other approaches), but it occurred to me that the time, energy, and most of all MONEY are not worth expenditure on such trivial pursuits. My brain is numb, and it's TV's fault.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.