Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Finally, Top Chef 2 Ends

The judges table was interesting, but the editing was choppy and almost confusing.

When the sous chefs came out, there was the typical bashing which was sort of entertaining. The most interesting part was Sam mentioning the no-fish save, which brought back memories of the final competition from Top Chef 1, where the red-haired woman claimed credit for the desert that the other dude sort of handed to her.

Now that the two weenies are up there, I have to say it probably would have been more interesting to see Cliff and Sam at the very end, but this is the way it goes. Now that Marcel is throwing the other guys under the bus over the missing fish, I'm sure he's losing points-- the chef is in charge, last word, that's the way it is.

I think, as they're both sent away for the absolute final chit-chat, that Marcel will lose points for his managerial weakness, Ilan will lose points for staying safe. I have to say that Marcel really pushed it more than Ilan did, but it sounds like they're going to go with Ilan...

[final commercial... damn, get this over with so I can stop watching this dumb show]

Doh!

I went to the Bravo website (http://www.bravotv.com ) and clicked to see the live post-show... on that page, they reveal the winner. Looks like I was wrong. It also looks like their cell phone survey-- 56% for Ilan-- is a dull example of the wisdom of crowds.

Okay, the judges table... now that I know Marcel got the Silver, I thin they're going to ding him for being disorganized and immature, and that is in several sense, not just his "doesn't play well with others" issues.

And what an uncomfortable little man-hug at the end there.

Finally, I can pack my knives and go.

No comments: