Wednesday, January 10, 2007

iPhony II

From an iPhone Article at Engadget:

The iPhone's shortcomings:
  • No 3G. We know you know, but still, it hurts man.
  • No over the air iTunes Store downloads or WiFi syncing to your host machine.
  • No expandable memory.
  • No removable battery.
  • No Exchange or Office support.

The lack of WiFi sync seems like a huge downer... in other words, no sitting at Starbucks downloading last night's Battlestar Galactica episode, and no adding of extra hackery, etc.

iPhone v1.0 is, based on these missing features is overpriced and overhyped. DOA? That's where I'm betting my $1.

I'm still looking at the N80 or the coming N95 (hopefully a model with US-compatible 3G+ support) for my honest-to-goodness smartphone needs, and I am very very pleased with my Creative Zen Vision:M for media goodness on the go. Nokia phones run python...

No comments: